Thursday, February 10, 2005

On the way up?

Today I was invited to The Sandmans top table. This is the occasion when we the lower orders of middle managers get to sit and feed on the scraps of information that has been held back from us all year,. and to contribute to the progress of the culture and the team......yeah....whatever.

I think I'm supposed to be grateful, especially as tonight we all get to actaully eat with The Sandman as well. Whoopee-fucking -doo.

So, today has been a thrilling experience of discussing the following

Six Sigma Black belts
Six Sigma Green Belts and volunteers - (Yeah my name was right in the frame for that)
Horizontals
Verticals
People Development (or how to get them out of the compnay)
Cultural Change
Evolution Plans
Release Plans
Operating Plans
Development Plans
Technical Plans
Global Plans
Global Domination (no...really.......we want the world)
Consolidated Plans to contain all the plans
Roadmaps
KPI's
KPI enhancements
Communications Initiatives
Global Plans to dominate us (yes.....those dastardly Europena members of the family want to rule us like some crazed despots hell bent on assimilating us.....or in other words they want to share their vision with us....nice wording huh?)
Leadership initiatives
Innovation

Yawn......and I'm supposed to be grateful am I?

So why does it feel quite nice to be included. Why can't I stand by my cynical priciples and just take the piss?

Because I've got a fucking mountain of debt, a huge mortgage, money sucking kids, expensive hobbies and life plans that need money to be achieved.

I am a fucking hypocritical, spineless, turncoat, mercenary shit.......... and I have no problem with that.

And tonight I'm fucking driving so I can't even get pissed to let off some steam. Just as well, because GobbyJack tends to come out and play after a few drinks, and I'd rather keep my inner self very quiet in front of The Sandman.

Later, GrocerJack

No comments: